Monday, December 22, 2008

Saturday I took K to Fire & Ice in Vero Beach, where the crowds came out in drones to ice skate (in 65 degree weather, it is Florida afterall), ride ponies, and watch fireworks. They had kids' crafts, charity booths, and local dance and music performances. I suppose it's worth mentioning Santa dropped in for a visit, as well.

Everyone went to a field to watch fireworks, but we sat on the roof of my car so we could hop in the car and beat the traffic afterwards. I have seen my fair share of fireworks shows and I have to say this was, hands down, the very best I have ever witnessed! After what seemed to be the grand finale the crowd cheered in celebration, then BOOM! A massive shower of gold lights filled the sky and a hush filled the air as explosions of color took our breath away. Ten minutes later, I found myself with my mouth agape as I stared heavenward in awe. It was over. There was a small moment of silence as I imagine the rest of the crowd recollecting themselves and their dropped jaws, then a roar of screaming and applause sounded as if The Jonas Brothers had come to town. It was truly spectacular!

We jumped in the car and headed to Sunrise Theatre in downtown Fort Pierce to watch A Christmas Carol. It was a fantastic play. K really enjoyed it! It was a long day, but a nice way to bring in the holidays.

No comments: