Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Here's another intimate meal for one, or two.

I made Pomegranate-Marinated Lamb with Spices and Couscous.

I made the pomegranate molasses (cut recipe in half) from scratch since I didn't have time to find a Middle Eastern market, substituted basil for mint leaves, substituted chicken broth for no-chicken broth, and held back on the cinnamon. I did top with pomegranate arils, but I forgot to photograph the finished product so use your imagination. ;) I also served greek yogurt on the side. All of my ingredients, aside from the POM Wonderful, were organic and/or all-natural. I accompanied the meal with a glass of Herzog Wine Cellars Syrah 2005.

Dessert was a half of a Choxie Dark Chocolate with Cocoa Nib Mini Bar. Target carries Choxie, which is a line of normally disappointing chocolates; however, this tiny chocolate bar is absolutely worth a taste! I finished with a small glass of pomegranate juice which made the entire meal end on a perfect note!

No comments: