Sunday, November 30, 2008

This is the first, and probably last, time I ever bring up Josh Groban in my blog; however, after looking at a recent house tour of his L.A. home I fell in love with some industrial sculptures by David Buckingham.
Although I hate L.A., Groban is a native, which means he has simply been brainwashed to love it since birth. Buckingham's metal sculpture is above his head.
Buckingham next to one of his color studies.
I really liked this sculpture of the infamous quote from Full Metal Jacket. However, since I can't afford the original, nor do I have welding skills to make my own...I decided to paint it.
I started three paintings Friday evening: "Me Love You Long Time," a copy of an original Woodstock poster, and an old hippie protest poster for Vietnam that reads "War is Not Healthy For Children and Other Living Things." The yellow canvas barely fit in my car, to give proper scale.
It took a total of two sessions to finish it, Friday 6pm-3am and Saturday 10am-3pm.
I can draw a straight line like there's no tomorrow, but don't ask me to draw a curve. This is evident by looking at my O's and G. One painting down, two more to go. Tucker is showing you how large the canvas is! ;)

No comments: