Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It is hard making the transition from brainwashed consumer to responsible consumer, indeed it is. However, once you realize what goes into the products you buy to wear and consume...the transition is much easier. I will be sharing some of my favorite products in the next few posts, this one is dedicated to BEAUTY & BATH!


Preserve Toothbrush
I can't say enough wonderful things about this company, their products, and their ingenuity! Not only are their toothbrushes designed sleek and attractive, they are made mostly from recycled Stonyfield Farm yogurt cups. Bonus: The company provides postage-paid labels so you can return the used toothbrush, which they recycle into plastic lumber.
Preserve


Preserve Triple Razor
One of the hardest products to find that are animal-friendly is a razor. The refills are cheaper than you'd think and, like the toothbrush, the razor can be returned for recycling to Preserve!
Preserve


Preserve Jr.
I'm not done with Preserve just yet...K uses the Jr. toothbrush and each package highlights an endangered species thanks for a partnership with National Wildlife Foundation.
Preserve

Tom's of Maine Natural Fluoride-Free Toothpaste for Children Silly Strawberry
K loves this toothpaste and that's a feat in itself!
Tom's of Maine


JASON Sea Fresh Plus CoQ10 Toothpaste
I have tried many natural toothpastes and this is, by far, my favorite! It has added CoQ10, blue algae, sea salts and minerals...under the taste of fresh spearmint! And since using this paste my gums have been much less sensitive.
Jason Natural Products

Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner
1. I love the smell of coconut. 2. I have a ton of hair and most "natural" conditioners leave my locks in knots. 3. This one smells like coconut and leaves my hair detangled! Win/win situation, folks! They also have a deal right now where they refund you the purchase amount, so you essentially try the product for free. You can't beat that! And I promise you'll just end up spending your rebate on more Organix hair products.
Organix Hair

Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap
I use this for almost everything mentioned on the label, including spiritual enlightenment. I kid, I kid. I'm all about organic, all-natural, Fair Trade products and underneath the "mothership" jive it's a fantastic product. The calming lavender is great for a soak after a stressed day, works great as a shave lather, and makes my puppies smell non-canine and pretty! The peppermint scent is also great for a foot soak or pick-me-up in the shower. There are also great refill stations at certain stores.
Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps

Alba Botanica Papaya Mango Exfoliating Body Wash
This is why I smell good.
Alba Botanica

Tom's of Maine Natural Sensitive Care Deodorant - Cucumber-Grapefruit
I gave Tom's deodorant a try years ago and wasn't that impressed, but I recently gave the newest addition to the Tom's line a chance...and I'm glad I did. I don't feel there is much more to be said about a deodorant than it keeps you dry and smellin' awesome.
Tom's of Maine

Organic Wear Natural Make-Up
I use the tinted moisturizer, loose powder, and blush. The moisturizer smells and feels incredible on my face, I look forward to the fresh feel it leaves behind. Both the powder and blush come in functional containers, made of recycled materials. No parabens, GMO's, or synthetics. And, of course, they don't test on animals.
Organic Wear


That's all for now. Check out the websites of these wonderful companies, if you aren't already familiar with them. I'm slowly making the transition to animal-friendly, eco-friendly products. I am still on the lookout for a good natural jet black eyeliner so I can give up my L'Oreal HIP Color Truth; it's been hard finding something comparable. Feel free to send me suggestions!

No comments: