Monday, August 18, 2008

K's first day back to school!

A close-up shot of the messenger bag she picked from Target with eco-friendly drawings on it; however, it was made in China. Go figure.


Her second day of school is cancelled due to...(dun dun dun) Tropical Storm Fay heading our way, so I bought some "hurricane" food at the health food store. (K is sitting next to me gnawing on organic Nori sheets with me as I type this!)

The rest of South Florida is in severe panic hoarding all the gasoline, bottled water, and batteries they can get their hands on. If I hadn't been in the middle of Frances and Jeanne the restlessness of the locals would be almost comical. However, if you recall Katrina started off a Category 1 before she hit the warm, shallow waters of the Gulf and became the monster we remember her as. One should learn not to screw around with Mother Nature. So, we're just sitting it out until we know what Fay has in mind for us.

Wish us luck and I hope you're safe wherever you are!


No comments: