Saturday, October 25, 2008

K wanted breakfast for lunch, so I made French toast. I made the recipe on the spot since I had a lot of extra organic heavy cream and my vanilla sugar was ready to use! (I didn't take pictures because it didn't last long enough!)

Ingredients
  • Four slices of whole wheat bread
  • Three Eggland's Best Organic eggs
  • 3/4 cup Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (see below)
  • 1 teaspoon natural sea salt
  • a dash of cinnamon
  • a dab of butter
Beat eggs lightly in a bowl; add cream, vanilla sugar, salt, and cinnamon.

Place one slice of bread in the bowl, allow a few seconds to soak up egg mix on one side, then carefully flip the bread, and repeat.

Toss it on the skillet, flip once a golden brown is achieved.

I serve them hot off the skillet with organic white confectioner's sugar, a small pinch of cinnamon, and warm maple syrup.

Yield: Four slices of French toast

(Technically, since I made it up as I went along, I didn't measure ingredients. All my measurements were done by heaping pinches and estimation. :) The recipe above should be fairly close to what I actually made. Make it, it's delicious!)


No comments: