Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I cleaned out my car today and found eight bags of thrift store purchases. I seem to find the coolest things when I go thrifting. I unpacked everything, added their prices, and the total cost was only $17.25! (Included in the price was also a fondue set, set of brandy glasses, two old glass carafes, two decorator trays, and a planter bowl. They weren't as fun to photograph, though.)

This adorable trivet needs a bit of cleaning, but it was a steal.


K has a thing for unicorns and butterflies, as most eight-year-old's do. I found this unicorn and the jewelry box below for .50! The owl vase behind it has a neat handle; I thought it was an interesting piece.

I think she wants to spray paint them hot pink.

I think change purses are one of the best accessories a girl can have.

I am absolutely crazy about crocheted blankets, so when I found this six-foot long runner I was completely stoked. And it was only $2 and the colors are incredibly fun. It might end up at the foot of my bed, we'll see...

I love using old tins for storage. This one is already a favorite of mine! I love the bird print!

I found three of these ceramic plates and thought they would be wonderful for homemade sushi and garnishes.

I absolutely cannot pass up a good how-to book or vintage illustrations.

This was printed in 1977, but it has some gorgeous floor plans for modern homes; there are a lot of Eichler-style designs included. I was drooling in the store while flipping the pages.

I can add this to my collection of seven vintage deer figurines.

This little wooden bird was too charming to pass up; it's ready to hang on the wall.

Not too long ago I found these butterfly wall ornaments for K's room, and now we have four more.

I should open an Etsy store and sell vintage finds, I swear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking to see if I can comment without actually signing up.

Super Enthused said...

Heeey Kimber it's Jackie (from Miami)... your blog inspires me to keep trying at the thrifting thing. I haven't had much luck with it, maybe I just haven't had the patience. I'll keep trying :)

thelionsof said...

Jackie! Hello missy! If you collect anything, let me know and I'll keep my eyes peeled. I have about 13 stores to hit up within thirty minutes of me. I'm sure I can find it ;)